Last Updated Date: 27 July 2020 Last Reviewed Date: 10 July 2020
OverviewThis document aims to provide you with information on Civicom® policy regarding the use of data received through the course of business and interaction with Civicom, as well as the steps we take to protect your privacy. In the normal course of business, Civicom may collect both Personal Information about you and non-Personal Information associated with you. We may update this notice from time to time. We ask you to check this notice regularly to ensure you are aware of the most updated version.
- To retain your preferences for pop ups and advertisements;
- To obtain details about your device and browser so the display can adapt to your screen size and layout content to fit your browser;
- To improve our services with usage information about our website, such as the number and frequency of visitors and the pages you visit, your geographical location, referral source, and length of visit; and
- To collect company IP addresses to follow up potential leads, we are not able to identify any individual visitors with this information. We use KickFire for this, you can read more about their service here: www.id.kickfire.com
Civicom recognizes the right of individuals to access their Personal Information. As an account holder, you have the ability to view or edit your Personal Information online or cancel your account.If you have an online account with Civicom, you can view or edit your Personal Information online or cancel your account at any time. If you do not have an online account but are our client or customer, you may contact us by way of your Account Manager or by contacting us at privacy[at]civi[dot]com in order to edit your information or cancel your account with us. If you are not a customer or client, but would like to change your mind about receiving information from Civicom you also can contact us at privacy[at]civi[dot]com to have your information changed or removed. As an EU/Swiss natural person, you have the additional option to reach us to modify your information, review the information we have on file about you, or request that your information be removed from our system by emailing us at GDPR[at]civi[dot]com. In the case where we are your data processor and not your data controller, you may need to contact your data controller to request to see or change your Personal Information with us. The above paragraphs on access to your Personal Information are subject to our need to comply with our legal obligations or contractual agreements. For requests for changes or deletions of personally identifiable information, we reserve the right to validate your identity and/or to charge you an adequate handling fee before providing access to data, except as required by the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks. 7. Third Party Service Providers and Clients Civicom uses third party service providers to deliver some of our services. We may share your Personal Information with our third-party service providers to fulfill their obligations to us on your behalf. These service providers include:
- Market research partners such as recruiters, transcribers, translators, moderators and end clients;
- Market research technology and/or platform providers; and
- Webinar platform and audio conferencing storage providers.
- Google (Gmail/GSuite): Berkeley County, South Carolina; Council Bluffs, Iowa; Douglas County, Georgia; Jackson County, Alabama; Lenoir, North Carolina; Mayes County, Oklahoma; Montgomery County, Tennessee; Quilicura, Chile; The Dalles, Oregon; Changhua County; Taiwan; Singapore; Dublin, Ireland; Eemshaven, Netherlands; Fredericia, Denmark; Hamina, Finland; St Ghislain, Belgium.
- Amazon (AWS): Northern Virginia, USA; Ohio, USA; Oregon, USA.
- CoSo Cloud (Adobe Connect): New Jersey, USA.
- To respond to demo requests, pricing inquiries, and questions about our Services
- To address reports of technical issues
- To provide you with Services requested
- For billing purposes
- To conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process
- To protect or defend the rights and property of Civicom
- To enforce the Terms of Service Agreement
- To protect the rights of our account holders or others
- For normal business operations
- To improve our Services
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- For shipping and handling required to deliver our Services to you
- When we have any reason, in good faith, to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our websites and mobile apps against attacks, or protect the property and safety of Civicom, our employees, customers, or the public
- If we merge with another company, if all or a portion of our assets are acquired by another company, or if we sell a Civicom website, mobile app, or business unit, you may receive emails directly from a person who is assigned to you as an Account Manager in the course of our relationship with you. You may elect to not respond to these emails or to inform the Account Manager that you no longer wish to be contacted by replying via email to the person who corresponded with you.